Saturday, February 18, 2006

CONCACAF Champions Cup: Top MLS Goalscorers





Total
1 Roy Lassiter 6
2 Carey Talley 4
2 Eduardo Hurtado 4
2 Edson Buddle 4
2 Dema Kovalenko 4
6 Ante Razov 3
6 Ezra Hendrickson 3
6 A.J. Wood 3
6 Ben Olsen 3

With the 2006 edition starting next week, I thought I would take a look at this. This includes only the Champions Cup games, and none of the other "continental" games. I have the continental goalscorers listed in my lineup database, but I didn't have the Champions Cup goals seperated, so I wanted to post that here.

I included the qualifying games (LA 1997, LA 1999, COL 1999) in these totals. If you don't count those, then Hurtado and Hendrickson would have one fewer goal. None of the top guys will get to move up the list this year.

Among the Galaxy and Revolution players, Cobi Jones and Landon Donovan have 2 goals, and Taylor Twellman has 1 goal from 2003. He could conceivably bang a few home. Ralston and Albright also have 1 goal going into this year.

Donovan could join a rare group: MLS players who have scored for two different teams in the Champions Cup. The group includes Carey Talley (D.C. and Kansas City), and uh, that's it.

Comments on "CONCACAF Champions Cup: Top MLS Goalscorers"

 

post a comment